Tuesday 4 March 2014

freedom.........

13 weeks since my op and had final Physio session today.... went a little like this -
looked at the hip/scar and range of movement and proclaimed id done no damage after my slip
then checked my balance - through a weighted ball at be to catch whilst i stood on 1 leg on a bosu!! - balance is fine!
then asked me to hop on my non op leg and measured the distance and repeated on op leg and repeated a few times - both power and balance is good in op leg (power approx 80% of non op leg)
then after a warm up on the bike i went on the treadmill and i ran! just short 30 second bursts the sort of thing i may have to do to chase the kids or cross the road etc - it felt wonderful and i felt free!
finally he sat me down and told me to carry on - carry on working hard, setting goals and conquering them - and it had been a pleasure working with me

its been hard work but totally worth it and thats me im on my own now im responsible for my own self going forward and its amazing!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment